Best Geranium Essential Oil
The lovely, uplifting floral scent of geranium essential oil encourages relaxation and feelings of wellbeing, and serves to balance and ground emotions. It is also used to beautify and promote clear skin and healthy hair. The essential oil is thought to have antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and astringent properties.
The best geranium essential oil is derived by steam distillation of the leaves of Pelargonium graveolens, a plant species native to South Africa.
Geranium Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
- Alleviates anxious feelings and promotes emotional balance and stability
- Beautifies the skin and hair with astringent and anti-aging properties
- Helps ease pain and inflammation
- Improves cognitive function and encourages concentration
Geranium essential oil is thought to aid in healing a broken heart, restoring confidence in innate goodness, and releasing suppressed grief.
Ways to Use Geranium Essential Oil
- Apply topically to improve appearance of skin (dilute in a carrier oil such as grapeseed or apricot if skin is sensitive)
- Add drops to a bowl of hot water and perform a facial steam to promote clear skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines
- Combine a few drops with water in a spray bottle to freshen air and linens
- Use in an essential oil diffuser to create a calm, grounded atmosphere
- Mix a few drops with a half cup of bath salts and add to bathwater to enhance relaxation and balance emotions
- Blend a few drops with shampoo and conditioner to help balance dry or oily scalp
Constituents and Terpenes
Geranium Essential Oil Benefits
Geranium Essential Oil for Face
Geranium Essential Oil for Hair
Geranium Essential Oil for Skin
What is Geranium Essential Oil Good for
Discontinue usage if experiencing headache, nausea or skin sensitivity after use. Keep out of reach of children. Dilute in a carrier oil before applying topically to minimize skin sensitivity. Consult your physician prior to use if pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes. Test in an inconspicuous location before spraying on fabrics or surfaces.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.