Incredible Lemongrass Essential Oil Benefits
Lemongrass is believed to provide a number of benefits. These include:
- Repelling unwanted bugs and reduce undesirable odors
- Revitalizes air to boost immunity during cold and flu season
- Aid in reducing muscle pain and alleviating digestive discomfort
- Help promote healing of rashes and fungal infections
- Lemongrass essential oil is thought to cleanse negative energy and encourage the release of despondency, despair, and lethargy.
Lemongrass Essential Oil Health Benefits
According the Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research, Lemon grass has been found in various studies to have health benefits in the following areas:
- Anti-amebic Effect
- Antibacterial Activity
- Antidiarrheal Activity
- Antifilarial Activity
- Antifungal Activity
- Anti-inflammatory Activity
- Antimalarial Activity
- Antimycobacterial Activity
- Antinociceptive Effect
- Antiprotozoan Activity
- Ascaricidal Activity
- Free Radical Scavengers and Antioxidant Effects
- Hypoglycemic and Hypolipidemic Effects
- Larvicidal Activity
- Neurobehavioral Effect (Sleep Enhancement)
Benefits of Lemongrass Essential Oil You Need to Know About
Lemongrass essential oil produced a citrus aroma similar to Lemon with a bit of grassiness as well. Lemongrass is common to tropical countries such as India and Thailand. Lemongrass is commonly used in cooking and bug repellents, and for aiding immunity.
Lemongrass’s antimicrobial, deodorant and tonic properties are believed to inhibit the growth of bacteria, reduce inflammation, diminish unwanted odor, and alleviate muscle and digestive pain. Zenvea lemongrass essential oil is steam distilled from its oil-rich leaves.
Discontinue usage if experiencing headache, nausea or skin sensitivity after use. Keep out of reach of children. Dilute in a carrier oil before applying topically to minimize skin sensitivity. Consult your physician prior to use if pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes. Test in an inconspicuous location before spraying on fabrics or surfaces.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.