Best Lemongrass Essential Oil
Like its name suggests, lemongrass essential oil radiates aromas of citrusy lemon and a top note of grassiness. Originating from tropical countries such as India and Thailand, lemongrass is traditionally used in culinary preparations and bug repellants, and for aiding immunity.
With antimicrobial, deodorant and tonic properties, lemongrass is believed to inhibit the growth of bacteria, reduce inflammation, diminish unwanted odour, and alleviate muscle and digestive pain. The best lemongrass essential oil is steam distilled from its oil-rich leaves.
Lemongrass Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
- Repel unwanted bugs and reduce undesirable odours
- Revitalizes air to boost immunity during cold and flu season
- Aid in reducing muscle pain and alleviating digestive discomfort
- Help promote healing of rashes and fungal infections
Lemongrass essential oil is thought to cleanse negative energy and encourage the release of despondency, despair, and lethargy.
Ways to Use Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Use as directed as an exotic and unique flavouring agent in soups and curries
- Blend with other pest-repelling essential oils such as black pepper, lemon and citronella and dilute with water to create a non-toxic bug spray
- Add to an essential oil diffuser to facilitate cleaner, fresher air
- Mix a few drops to water in a spray bottle and mist in areas in need of deodorizing
- Dilute a small quantity of essential oil in a carrier oil such as olive or coconut; massage into areas of muscle or digestive discomfort
Constituents and Terpenes
Lemongrass Essential Oil Benefits
Lemongrass Essential Oil Diffuser Benefits
Lemongrass Essential Oil for Hair
Lemongrass Essential Oil for Skin
What is Lemongrass Essential Oil Good for
Where to Buy Lemongrass Essential Oil
(c) Can Stock Photo / sommail
Discontinue usage if experiencing headache, nausea or skin sensitivity after use. Keep out of reach of children. Dilute in a carrier oil before applying topically to minimize skin sensitivity. Consult your physician prior to use if pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes. Test in an inconspicuous location before spraying on fabrics or surfaces.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.