Best Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang ylang essential oil radiates warmly perfumed, floral aromas and has been employed in aromatic products for centuries. Native to areas of tropical rainforest including the Philippines, Indonesia and Polynesia, ylang ylang was traditionally sprinkled on the beds of newlywed couples, and used to treat low libido. It has a long history of use as an aphrodisiac, relaxant, and in hair care.
This esteemed essential oil exhibits multiple anti-anxiety, aphrodisiac, stimulating, and antioxidant properties. The best ylang ylang essential oil is derived from the plant’s star-shaped flowering parts in a series of timed, steam-distilled extractions.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
- Aids in reducing stress and tension
- Inspires intimacy and encourages restful sleep
- Supports the healing of scars and skin imperfections
- Fosters younger-looking, healthy, and radiant skin
Ylang Ylang essential oil is thought to encourage the release of past emotional trauma, supporting the healing of the heart.
Ways to Use Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Diffuse in an essential oil diffuser to inspire an environment of cherished feelings, relaxation, and comfort
- Mix several drops in a spray bottle with pure water and mist linens before bedtime to encourage intimacy and restful sleep
- Create a roll-on perfume by diluting a few drops in a roll-on bottle filled with a carrier oil such as grapeseed or apricot oil; use before and during stressful situations
- Blend several drops of oil into your routine facewash product to boost antiaging benefits and skin soothing properties
- Combine a few drops of both tea tree and ylang ylang oil in a glass bottle, combine with witch hazel, and apply topically to help diminish the appearance of scars and ingrown hairs
Constituents and Terpenes
- Geranyl acetate
Discontinue usage if experiencing headache, nausea or skin sensitivity after use. Keep out of reach of children. Dilute in a carrier oil before applying topically to minimize skin sensitivity. Consult your physician prior to use if pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes. Test in an inconspicuous location before spraying on fabrics or surfaces.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.