Best Tea Tree Essential Oil
With its crisp, medicinal, and camphor-like aroma, tea tree essential oil is a staple in any essential oil collection. Its popularity is in line with lavender and peppermint oils, and has roots dating back centuries in medical literature with origins primarily located in Australia. Tea tree has long been used as an immune stimulant and to aid in reducing bacteria, viruses and microbes.
With antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic, expectorant and stimulant properties, tea tree essential oil is valuable in a home first-aid kit. The best tea tree essential oil is extracted through steam distillation.
Tea Tree oil should not be taken internally, as it can be toxic is sufficient quantities.
Tea Tree Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
- Supports the immune system during cold and flu season
- Lends additional power to cleaning agents
- Helps relieve congestion and muscle pain
- Aids in the healing of minor cuts and scrapes
Tea tree essential oil is thought to help set energetic boundaries, clearing negative baggage and helping to release toxic or codependent relationships.
Ways to Use Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Atomize in an essential oil diffuser to help diminish airborne bacteria and improve immunity
- During cold and flu season, combine several drops of essential oil in a spray bottle with pure water and routinely spray your home surfaces, faucets, door handles and railings to help prevent the spread of microbes
- Blend a few drops of essential oil with your favorite body lotion and apply to chest and back during periods of chest congestion
- Combine a few drops of tea tree oil in a soap dispenser for additional germ fighting power
- Keep a bottle of the oil in your vehicle or purse paired with a few bandages for on-the-go first aid and to treat unexpected minor cuts and scrapes
Constituents and Terpenes
Discontinue usage if experiencing headache, nausea or skin sensitivity after use. Keep out of reach of children. Dilute in a carrier oil before applying topically to minimize skin sensitivity. Consult your physician prior to use if pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes. Test in an inconspicuous location before spraying on fabrics or surfaces.Do take internally.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.