(c) Can Stock Photo / ventdusud
Best Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Parallel to the aroma of a freshly peeled, ripe, and juicy orange, sweet orange essential oil has roots dating back centuries to areas such as China, the Himalayas, and the Caribbean. The entire sweet orange has been consumed for both medicinal and culinary purposes, and is popular as a fruit across the globe.
While various parts of the sweet orange are used for both medicinal and culinary purposes, orange peels have shown to have antibacterial, antidepressant, cleansing and antioxidant properties. The best sweet orange essential oil is cold-pressed, although some is steam-distilled or produced through solvent extraction.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
- Stimulates the immune system
- Aids in boosting mood
- Adds additional strength to cleaning preparations
- Supplies nourishing vitamins and provides antibacterial and anti-aging properties when used in skincare
Sweet orange essential oil is thought to encourage a playful, creative, childlike perspective, offering an invitation to appreciate the sweetness, wonder, and innocence in life.
Ways to Use Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Diffuse in your home essential oil diffuser during cold and flu season to help enhance immunity and diminish airborne bacteria
- Utilize in your vehicle’s essential oil diffuser to uplift mood during stressful commutes
- Add several drops to a spray bottle filled with pure water for a natural, non-toxic cleaning solution
- Directly apply a few drops to help remove stubborn, stuck-on residue from labels and stickers
- Add several drops of oil to your favorite skincare products for additional brightening and antioxidant power
Constituents and Terpenes
Discontinue usage if experiencing headache, nausea or skin sensitivity after use. Keep out of reach of children. Dilute in a carrier oil before applying topically to minimize skin sensitivity. Consult your physician prior to use if pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes. Test in an inconspicuous location before spraying on fabrics or surfaces.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.