Best Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood is an ancient, spiritual plant with an essential oil that imparts a woody, warm, and sweet scent. The essential oil has been utilized for centuries dating back to ancient Egyptian times during sacred ceremony and meditation, in perfumery, as an aphrodisiac, and in skincare.
Anti-inflammatory, calming, antiseptic and exceptionally healing, sandalwood essential oil typically commands a higher monetary value when compared to other essential oils. The plants can grow metres high and the best sandalwood oil is extracted through a process of steam distillation.
Sandalwood Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
- Increases relaxation, focus and clarity during meditation
- Assists in alleviating stress and anxiety
- Enriches intimate experiences and boosts confidence
- Aids in supporting skin recovery and reducing the appearance of wrinkles
Sandalwood essential oil is thought to support spiritual devotion and to assist in quieting the mind, benefitting all kinds of prayer, meditation, and spiritual worship.
Ways to Use Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Use in an essential oil diffuser to create a relaxing, focused environment
- Apply several drops to an aromatherapy necklace or bracelet and wear during yoga or meditation practice
- In a spray bottle with pure water, mix a few drops of oil, shake and spray on bed linens as an aphrodisiac
- Add a few drops of oil to your everyday favourite skincare products to provide them with an antiaging, skin-brightening boost
- Formulate a concentrated facial oil serum using a base of jojoba oil and equal parts frankincense and sandalwood to create a super powered, non-toxic product that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles
Constituents and Terpenes
Discontinue usage if experiencing headache, nausea or skin sensitivity after use. Keep out of reach of children. Dilute in a carrier oil before applying topically to minimize skin sensitivity. Consult your physician prior to use if pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes. Test in an inconspicuous location before spraying on fabrics or surfaces.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.