Best Peppermint Essential Oil
Sharp, stimulating, menthol-rich peppermint essential oil is one of the popular, most-used, household essential oils. Native to the Mediterranean, it has become a well-known and vastly grown herb across the world with roots dating back to the times of Greek mythology. It is commonly used for oral health, digestive support, congestion, headache and muscle pain. It is also a staple oil in the spa and wellness industry.
Peppermint essential oil constituents offer analgesic, carminative (gas reduction), decongestant and digestive properties. The best peppermint essential oil is harvested after morning dew has evaporated, and then steam distilled.
Peppermint Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
- Freshens breath and promotes clean-feeling teeth
- Supports the elimination of gas and helps relieve digestive discomfort
- Aids in decongestion during cold and flu season
- Helps reduce headache and muscle pain
Peppermint essential oil is thought to bring joy and buoyancy, invigorating the spirit and lifting fear.
Ways to Use Peppermint Essential Oil
- Try making a DIY natural, non-toxic toothpaste to clean teeth and freshen breath
- Atomize daily in an essential oil diffuser during cold and flu season for prevention, and during a cold or flu to aid in decongestion
- Choose a carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil, blend a small quantity of essential oil and massage into the belly in a circular motion in times of digestive discomfort
- Combine with a few drops of lavender essential oil and a carrier oil such as grapeseed or apricot oil; dab on temples and back of neck to help relieve headache
- Blend a combination of half beeswax, half coconut oil, and several drops of peppermint oil to formulate an ointment for use during times of cold, flu and muscle pain
Constituents and Terpenes
Peppermint Essential Oil Benefits
What is Peppermint Essential Oil Good for
Peppermint Essential Oil Diffuser Benefits
Peppermint Essential Oil for Hair
Peppermint Essential Oil for Nausea
Peppermint Essential Oil for Skin
Where to Buy Peppermint Essential Oil
Discontinue usage if experiencing headache, nausea or skin sensitivity after use. Keep out of reach of children. Dilute in a carrier oil before applying topically to minimize skin sensitivity. Consult your physician prior to use if pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes. Test in an inconspicuous location before spraying on fabrics or surfaces.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.