(c) Can Stock Photo / sorsillo
Best Patchouli Essential Oil
Musky, earthy and warm; patchouli is an aroma that is reminiscent of apothecaries and spiritual surroundings. With roots dating back thousands of years to tropical origins such as Malaysia and Indonesia, patchouli essential oil has been historically used in meditation, at celebratory gatherings, in perfume, and as a fabric treatment to rid and repel bugs.
Patchouli has an extended history of medicinal tradition, and displays a unique array of beneficial anti-inflammatory, sedative, aphrodisiac and fungicide properties. The best patchouli essential oil is collected by hand, shade dried, and then steam distilled.
Patchouli Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
- Help reduce pain, inflammation and digestive discomfort
- Calm the mind and aid in meditative and spiritual practice
- Support the faster healing of scars, rashes and skin irritation
- Apply as a non-toxic, natural perfume
Patchouli essential oil is thought to support full presence in the physical body with a grounding, stabilizing effect, complementing practices such as yoga and tai chi.
Ways to Use Patchouli Essential Oil
- Choose a carrier oil such as grapeseed or avocado oil, blend a small quantity of patchouli and apply as an all-natural vapour, muscle and digestive ointment
- Apply several drops to aromatherapy jewelry and wear during meditation practice
- Atomize in an essential oil diffuser to establish a calming, contemplative atmosphere
- Blend a few drops with a carrier oil and apply behind ears and on wrists as a natural perfume
- Combine several drops of oil with water in a spray bottle and use to clean and sanitize surfaces
Constituents and Terpenes
More Info :
Patchouli Essential Oil Benefits
Patchouli Essential Oil for Skin
What is Patchouli Essential Oil Good for
Discontinue usage if experiencing headache, nausea or skin sensitivity after use. Keep out of reach of children. Dilute in a carrier oil before applying topically to minimize skin sensitivity. Consult your physician prior to use if pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care. Avoid contact with eyes. Test in an inconspicuous location before spraying on fabrics or surfaces.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.